Saturday, July 30, 2011

There- 9:05 PM

No, I'm not going to post any of my journal entries here (read the next post, you'll understand). I do however, quite enjoy my wife and her how she puts it, "crazy side". I have yet to hear that story so it was fun to relive another one of my failures. I probably had no idea that I was causing so much grief... boys, sigh. Anyway, it is yet another weekend and I decided to just lay low and enjoy the time off. Since last weekend I exerted all of my energy trudging around Seoul (which I think caused me to be tired the rest of the week) I stayed at home and relaxed. I woke up Saturday morning a little early because I found out that MLB.com plays one free game every day on their website (you usually have to pay a monthly service to watch all of the games). Today's random game was the Angels against the Tigers and since the Angels are the 2nd best team in the league I woke up to watch them. It was great other than the fact that they got crushed. The rest of the day I spent getting some things done, went for a run, relaxed and enjoyed the weekend. In the evening I grabbed a pizza and some hot wings and watched 007 Casino Royale on TV. This is where I am now and it is quite pleasant. This past week I have been home alone as my roomy is in America on business so I am free to do as I please in someone else's pad. I asked to go with him but TaeguTec told me no.

Summer in Korea means two things, it's killer hot with 100% humidity and the maemee's (cicada?) are out in full force. They are big ole bugs who make a killer loud raucous. You put several hundred of them in the surrounding trees and you get a constant buzzing that closing the windows and doors doesn't even drown out some of the time. I think it lasts a couple months if I can remember correctly. They are annoying. Here is a picture of one that landed on my screen window the other night, woof.



1 comment:

The ORR Family said...

I'm not coming anymore!!!!!