Sunday, July 17, 2011

Here- Provo 1:31am

This evening we didn't have a wedding, so I got off work early and had a Saturday evening to enjoy all to myself. This my friends is rare, so I basked in it's glory. I got my suit on and rode my cruiser over to 7 peaks where I proceeded to fall asleep on my back for one hour and my stomach for another.
Perfection.
I rode my cruiser on home, with iPod background music to make the scene complete.

What's that it's only 7:30?! What now? Temple? Sure. Well, it was closed (of course) when i got there but I spent some time on the grounds (I'd never been all the way around it). It was such a beautiful evening. I spied on the missionaries, thinking of Bri. A little moment of quiet.
Well, now what? As I proceeded on my Saturday night date night with myself I followed my stomach. What to eat? Missing my husband I decided to spend dinner closer to him and dropped a dime at the local Korean restaurant.
As I waited for my food I naturally picked up the paper and caught up on my fellow Utah Koreans lives
You probably can't read any of that, but I can. The top there, it says "Korean Times of Utah", just trust me!

I got what ended up being a feast, snuggled up in my jazz jammies and watched glee reruns as I enjoyed my beef bulgogi and kimchi.
And who rings on my skype? Spencer is that you? Oh yes, join me for dinner! What's that? You're confused? Oh yes that's Korean food...no I'm not in Korea. Boo. Although it was like a night to myself, it was actually a fun little 1.5 hour date night with my Speen...all the way until my computer died. Did I mention I got a mini Korean lesson too? Oh it's as if I was there with him, and he with me here, just a little bit of space in between. Thanks for the imaginary date night Mr. Orr.
(fun face?)

P.S. I'm now falling asleep to a Sun and Jin episode of Lost, letting the bits of Korean lull me to sleep <3

4 comments:

Rachel Orr said...

Love it.

Al and Ash said...

Maybe to celebrate the end of Spence's summer away you guys should meet somewhere in the middle to celebrate! And since the middle is somewhere over the pacific probably maybe you could just nudge the middle to somewhere else....like SEATTLE!!! Woohoo Partay!

Rachel Orr said...

Al and Ash we will be in Seattle, for 4 hours until we catch our connecting flight to Salt Lake. You can stop by if and visit if you want.

Kimber said...

oh my word woman, you NEVER sleep! you seem so busy and that is so cute how you and spencer talk/video chat ALL the time. yesterday on my drive home i was thinking "boo, i don't think rachel will be there when i get there, i love her!" hope the rest of your summer is SPLENDID!