At this social hour we had an awesome crab dinner. Myung Soo's cousin or uncle or someone lives on the coast and is a crab fisherman so he sent a couple of big boxes of crab our way and people from work bought them at a steal. After work we met everyone that had bought crab from Myung Soo in the parking lot and he dished it out. It looked like a crab-drug deal was going down in the company parking lot. I thought it was funny but no one else seemed to understand what I meant.

Shady business going down in the company parking lot.

That night though some women from work came over and prepared the crab as well as a few side dishes and they asked me to prepare something American. I guess they found out that I eat peanut butter sandwiches a lot here (because they're cheap and delicious), so they asked me to make them for the dinner. I thought they were joking at first but when I realized they weren't I valiantly tried to explain that you don't eat peanut butter and jam sandwiches for dinner at a party and you surely don't eat them with crab. My explaining was to no avail and I found myself dishing up a plate of my fanciest pb and j's for our guests. I kept laughing but they all enjoyed them and I chalked it up to another new experience in this foreign land.


1 comment:
that crab looks like a hand and I'm not okay with it.
Post a Comment