Saturday, July 9, 2011
There- 4:45 PM
So since I came to Korea I have tried this new thing called exercising. If you haven't gotten to try it out yet I highly recommend doing so on a regular basis. I usually jog around the park that is by my house and it has been a nice new hobby for me. Can't believe someone didn't tell me about this earlier. Anyway, it's monsoon season around these parts which means that it rains just about every other day. When I say it rains I mean it literally dumps rain the entire day. Because it's Saturday today I usually like to get in a little bit longer run but it has been raining since I went to sleep last night. We live right by the mountains so the thunder has been crazy loud echoing off both them and the high quantity of high rise apartment buildings. This morning I chilled around the apartment, watched a movie on the computer, enjoyed the rain storm and then got sick of being in the house so I decided to run anyway. My roomy looked at me like I was crazy as I sauntered out the door but there was no stopping me. It was awesome. I loved running in the rain for some reason. By the half way point I was drenched and when I finally walked up the stairs to my apartment I looked like I had just been swimming fully clothed. I don't know what I enjoyed more, the actual exercise or the looks I got on the street because not only am I a foreigner but a foreigner running in the rain. Crazy American. If you're new to this whole being healthy fad like myself I suggest at least a could frolic in the rain. Couldn't have been more fun. I took a picture of myself when I was done but you can't really tell how wet I was plus I look stupid so you'll just have to imagine it or go jump in a lake with your workout clothes on and you'll probably get a pretty good visual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have rediscovered exercise several times in my life and am always stoked at the benefits it offers me...keep it up...keep it up better than I have! Hoping that I'll get motivated again soon...probably should as it would help to mend my B.R.O.ken heart! Loves, Mom
Post a Comment