As Rach mentioned before it has been exactly one month since I left home and traveled to the other side of the globe. She insists that the time has gone by quickly and I go back and forth. The days feel long but when I look at the calendar I can't believe it is almost July. Anyway, I don't have any new or exciting stories to talk about but I do have a small tidbit I need to get off my chest via ranting publicly on the internet.
I am getting a little tired of the negativity towards marriage. I swear every person I meet that finds out I’m married makes some wise crack about how sucky being married is. You know, stuff like "the old ball and chain has got me on a tight leash" or "I can't go out and have fun with you, I'm married" followed by a forced chortle and maybe a rib poke. Always lame. Now, I know that I haven’t been married that long. 3 years is not a monumental number and we don’t have kids yet and I understand marriage gets tougher as you get more problems and blah blah blah. I also understand that marriage isn't for everyone and those who choose to roll as a bachelor or bachelorette is fine by me. (At least those peeps don't complain about being married.) I would seriously just love for a fellow coworker to find out that i’m married and say something like...
“Don’t you love being married? I freakin love it.”
or
“Oh you’re married, that’s way cool, marriage is awesome.”
or even
“Brah, marriage is so bitchin” followed with perhaps a brother hug and possibly subsequent fist pounds with said employee from then on out. Ok maybe that’s a little too much to ask for.
But I love being married and I love having my best friend to talk to all of the time, even if it is via Skype at the moment. For those of you out there who are married, live it up and be proud to be so. No one is going to think you're less cool for telling people you like your spouse.
Rach, I always got your back boo.
4 comments:
Love it. I'll hit you up w/ a brother hug for marriage.
A simple reason why I fist pump with Pauly D that I am married to you. L O V E
Love the fact that you are sold on marriage--after 55 yrs of it it still is a solid good fact.G
I scrolled down and tried to hit the like button on this. Facebook much?
But seriously, like like like. What a dear you are Spence.
Post a Comment