Another work week in the books. It's Saturday night here and I am enjoying the best way a semi-bachelor in another country can...I'm watching my family play golf. The fam is up in Midway for the Wittwer family reunion that they have every year and so some of the crew decided to hit the links and harness their inner Tiger Wo...er...Rory Mcilroy. Because my wife is so awesome she woke up early to swing the sticks with my Dad, Bri and Nate as well as Jon, Joe, Andrew and Dave. Apparently they played a best ball (each player takes a shot and you end up playing the best shot of the four and continue on until the ball is eventually in the hole, each player taking their own shot from the best possible lie) and Rach lead the charge keeping the boys on their toes as well as carrying them on her back most of the time. I think it was the Orrs vs the World (the other guys) but I don't know who won. Rach called me via Skype on the iPhone and I was able to ride along in the cart with them, my hair blowing through the wind as we went. I couldn't see everything but it was fun to participate in the banter and watch each of them at least take their swings even if I couldn't see where the ball went. I was crazy jealous that I wasn't there in person playing myself but at least I could hang out for a little bit. Here are a few pictures that I took of my computer screen as I watched them play.
Nate and Bri pretending like they can golf

Quite the pleasant shot, while I watched the four Orrs putting on the green I was able to hear birds chirping and enjoy the beautiful Midway scenery

Bri getting his hacks in

Rach swingin like she's on tour

Can't say I didn't want to change locations for the time being you do what you got to right?
1 comment:
thanks for a fun round of golf boo
Post a Comment