Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Korea Part III

If you are reading this for the first time, scroll down and read from the beginning. It is a continuous story and it starts with other side of the world, other side of the family.

I boarded the bus at 1:05 and it was off to my final destination.


My bus looked a little like this I guess.

The bus was quite relaxing. The seats were soft and spacious and they even reclined. As we took off out of the station I put my head phones on as the bus driver turned the lights off. It was quite peaceful driving through Korea and to catch a few more hours of sleep. I must of dozed off because 3 1/2 hours later I arrived at the bus station at around 4:30. Everything was closed down so I was left with my two suitcases on the side of the street with no where to go. In the distance I saw the train station that I was supposed to be at but I couldn’t figure out how to get there. After a few unsuccessful attempts at finding routes to the train station I came across an alley way that lead me to an elevator that took me inside the train station. Once I got inside Dongdaegu Station I found a nice seat and hung out there until I felt like the company I am working for would be open. Inside the train station I pretty much just sat and did nothing. I read a little, checked my email, listened to music but mostly just people watched. Around 9:30 I hailed a taxi to TaeguTec, the company that I will spend the next three months for.


I left Monday morning and arrived at my destination Wednesday afternoon (yes there was a massive time zone change but still) ridden 3 airplanes, two buses, one subway and a taxi. It was quite the journey and the moral of the story, arrive in Seoul during the day and take the high-speed train.


The Taxi driver dropped me off at the gates of TaeguTec, yes the gates. Apparently TaeguTec is a full on campus. There is a security station with several security guards checking those people and cars leaving and entering the facility. I left my bags at the security station and met with a member of the HR department. He walked me inside the gates and took me over to the marketing building where I meeted and greeted several employees. We then walked around the campus little bit. I don’t know how to describe the campus but I am hoping these pictures will do.



The gate at the entrance of TaeguTec

Marketing building where I work

TaeguTec campus



TaeguTec is awesome and it is an easy place to go to work. I am glad that I am here in the summer so that I can be surrounded by the green mountains. Wouldn't have it any other way.

To be continued...


1 comment:

Al and Ash said...

So, are you speaking all korean or are these peeps speaking english to you? How is the korean? coming back to ya?