Thursday, June 9, 2011

Here- Provo 1:00 AM

(Our summer blog will be called "Here and There", for now. I'm the here. Follow us as we tell you how we live worlds apart, and what brings our worlds together).

This weekend I took off and went to make some visits across the west to recoup from my separation and celebrate my birthday (it was Sunday :)). It was actually a remarkable get away where I made no definite plans. I would wake up and drive to a new place almost every morning and go to something fun everyday and just do it for about as long as I want to and had no strings attached anywhere. It was actually awesome.

I went to my wonderful friend Amy Saycich and her hubby Scott's wedding Saturday and LOVED it. She was a beautiful bride. And she planned an amazing wedding. It was a PERFECT night with 5 of my very best friends. So pleasant to just stay all night and talk, eat bundt cake, drink free soda, dance, and love. Made me so happy and I love them all so much. Congrats again to Amy and Scott.
<3
My favorite
What our partying looked like
Amy the Beautiful
The next morning (my b-day) I was able to enjoy an early drive to California, singing my heart out the whole way. I got ready at a gas station and made it just in time to my sweet friends Dan and Anne's blessing for their baby girl Isabelle. She is a cutie and lovely. It was a super happy day. I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for all of my great friends, for my family, for the Lord watching over them all (especially my husband) and just for how great things are going right now. I couldn't have spent my birthday in a better place. Anne even made me a cake and they sang to me and she gave me a present....at her baby's blessing party. Always so thoughtful. I spent the evening with Zach and Jana. They made me a birthday dinner that is exactly what I wanted and let me post up in the corner of their couch. Perfect.
Monday Zana and I took our time and mosied around Orange County. They took me to a GIANT Forever 21 and let me buy stuff (I bought too much). Then we had a delightful lunch together and walked around downtown Fullerton looking at vintage shops, eating mochi balls, and loving life. They showed me downtown Brea, and Orange and Zach gave me tour of his school's campus and Chapman's. Needless to say they are trying to sell us on moving to CA, but it was an enjoyable evening. Although I did SUCK at Cash Cab when we watched and played along, but whatev. I ended up staying up SUPER late to Skype with Spence before I slept.

I woke on my time the next morning and got out of town. I sang lots and practiced karaoke (Someone please invite me so it doesn't go to waste). Oh and what else should I do on my schedule that is all my and is no set schedule so I do as I please...stop at the Prim Outlets and drop a dime or too. I had some luck on my side and got some major steals. So happy to just go there, do whatever I want, answer to no one, not worry about inconveniencing anyone or taking too long. I did my thing. Saw Cami Dye at Banana and caught up. All great. Back in Vegas I enjoyed an enjoyable Cheesecake Factory birthday dinner with Morg, Kaylee, Momma, Linds and the girls and had girl talk with my momma and then Lindsey after at her cute home. Love my family so ridiculously much.

Today I got to eat a delicious lunch at Kona Grill with my pappa and have some always loved and needed Daddy Daughter time. That man...I love him. And the woman connected to him took me birthday shopping, even though I already got my birthday present. Love her too.
And I made it safely on my last leg of the trip home. I listened to the entire Bossypants audiobook by Tina Fey. It was like having a hilarious best friend actually in the car with me. Needless to say, my life is now forever changed...perhaps even complete.

1 comment:

Al and Ash said...

Ash just bought this book for our trip to Hawaii. I've heard its awesome. Glad you liked it!