Explain this to me, how is that when I tell my supervisor/boss that I am going to take a short break, 10-15 minutes a day at the most to stretch my legs, maybe walk around the campus here at TaeguTec, get some fresh air, whatever, he agrees begrudgingly and I can't help but feel that he thinks less of me for doing so but if I were to step out for a cigarette 8 to 34 times a day he would probably join me? I watch the majority of my coworkers (only the men smoke) take at least one smoking break per hour because apparently it's the cool thing to do. Now when I step outside to enjoy a nice refreshing bottle of water or take in the beautiful day we are having I get the stank eye from every one who passes me like I just slapped my boss, his wife and his mother in the face. No wonder people still take up smoking, it's the only way to take a break from work without getting reprimanded. Oh and don't think this is just a male thing here in Korea. The women have their own "smoking break", it's called "congregations in the bathroom" and is signaled by one seniorita walking through the department and giving her ladies the eye brow raise and before you know it you have 3-7 women in the bathroom drinking tea or coffee and complaining about who knows what and cackling the whole time (yes, they cackle). I'm on to you ladies, you think you can hide in that bathroom and pretend like your not taking your own "smoking break", not so fast. So with all this complaining said I am going to fill my water bottle and take a walk around the campus to enjoy the weather and stretch my legs. Take that TaeguTec!!
1 comment:
Next time you see the men leaving for a smoke break, stand up and walk out with them - then when you get outside, you pull out your surgical mask (put it on) and also your pocket fan and enjoy the comments! Thank goodness you only have a few days more!! Miss/love you, v-dog
Post a Comment