Sunday, August 21, 2011

There- 3:48 PM

Here's what I've learned from watching all 3 Back to the Future movies this past weekend.

1. Back to the Future I is an all time classic. Love the movie a little more every time that I watch it and it's been awhile thus increasing my joy ten fold this weekend.
2. Don't watch the first and second Back to the Futures right after one another. Marty's (Michael J. Fox) girlfriend changes from the first to the second movie (Claudia Wells to Elisabeth Shue)(and no, of course I didn't know that the actress that played Jennifer was named Claudia Wells, that's what the internet is for). It wouldn't really be a problem as she isn't in that much of the first one but they did an exact shot for shot replica of the scene that ended in the first movie at the beginning of the second. Therefore if you watch them in secession you will ultimately watch the same scene with two different actresses. Not that big of deal just funny.
3. We better get a move on technology. A majority of Back to the Future II takes place in the year 2015. This means that in 3 1/2 years we need to have flying cars, hover boards, clothes that dry themselves and awesome Nike's that tie themselves. I hope whoever our next President is they will seriously consider getting on the ball with this.
4. The third Back to the Future is decent. The first and second are great films, I could watch them anytime. The third is only decent. I enjoyed it because of the marathon but if I were to have to watch it by itself it just wouldn't do it for me.
5. My life was slightly pathetic this weekend

Oh by the way, Rachel comes to Korea tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mother Orr said...

And hopefully things will pick up for you just a bit! Have so much fun and I hope you are as excited to see the lovely Rachel as she is to see you! She continues to be a darling and what a fantastic wedding she put together....there is definitely a future for her in wedding planning....hmmmmm maybe I'll hire her for our next wedding!

The ORR Family said...

i like you