Wednesday, August 3, 2011

There- 10:00 PM

Nothing really new happening in my life at the moment. The same old 8 to 5 grind every day as I look forward to the end of my time as a semi-bachelor working in Korea. It's been a great experience thus far but there are a few things I miss back at home. It goes without saying that I miss Rachel. Talking with her via chat and on Skype just doesn't seem to be cutting it. It is fun however when we do chat throughout the day and I get to see her humor come out through the written word rather than the spoken one. Miss ya Rach.

I also miss/crave several food items and hence the reason I am writing this post. Korean food is great but there's not enough varitey here. It all seems to be in the same food category. Here are the things that I seem to be constantly wishing that I was eating. Diego's Taco Shop (a delightful little Mexican joint in Provo, you gotta hit it up if you haven't been already), J-Dawgs (a staple as a Provo resident, makes the best polish dog I have ever eaten), Sbarro pizza (I don't know what it is but that greasy pizza slays me), Cheese-It's (Rach sent me some in a package the other day and I forgot how much I ate those as a snack), Dr. Pepper out of a fountain (they have Coke and Pepsi as well as other soda here but there's nothing better than hitting up 7-11 for a cold DP, "Big Gulps huh? Well... see ya later"), Carl's Jr. (because BYU promoted Carl's Jr. on the back of all their basketball and football tickets, one could find me constantly visiting the Star for a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, buy any sandwhich and get a medium fry and drink free, BYU fans, you know what I'm talking about), McDonald's doublecheesburgers (again they have the golden arches but no double cheese, lame), Sugarhouse BBQ (my favorite restaurant of all time, ok one of my favorite restaurants of all time), chicken wings (don't ask me why, you don't try to explain a craving), Hot Dog On A Stick (I don't feel like I need to explain this one), BBQ hot dogs and rice (ask the Taylor family, it's straight addicting), the soft pretzel at any sporting event or entertainment venue (Zachary Taylor if you read this, you always knew how to make that ideal pretzel), the Cougar Tail (I don't really crave 3 mable bars put together which is what a Cougar Tail is but I had to give a shout out to Curry Leavitt, the man loves him some Cougar Tail), Dunford Chocolate Donuts (I do however crave the ever delicious morsel that is the Chocolate Donut, a.k.a. Utah 7-11's Greatest Treasure, a.k.a. Box of 12 at Costco, a.k.a. they now make a cake at a local SLC bakery that is like a Dunford Donut on steroids, thanks Lexi), Taco Time's crisp meat burritos (matched with some mexi fries they'll give you problems later coming out but going in they are close to heavenly), Fish Tacos (I have really taken to these pretty much anywhere I go, my mom makes some killer ones and I crave them just about all of the time), Spaghetti-O's, a nice steak, Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion, Chili's chips and salsa, sushi in America (apparently I like the knock of stuff better, go figure), and kimchi (yeah right, I eat kimchi like 83 times a day).

I don't really crave all of this stuff all of the time just some of it some of the time. This just kind of turned into a list of my favorite foods. There are of course several foods I have not listed but those are what I have been thinking about recently. There is a good chance that upon my return I will enjoy a combination of some (I wish all) of these delicassies. While I am sure this had to make someone hungry, go enjoy one of my favorite foods, for me.

2 comments:

The ORR Family said...

Are we like MAJOR fatties??? Oh well. We'll have a FIESTA when you return and fulfill our dream of restaurant food hoping to get our combined favorite buffet EVER! For real.

Jana said...

Welp, Z and I are currently reading and rereading this, literally LOLing. I am dying over the fact that quiet Spence just wrote a monster paragraph about all the food he loves and misses. Love it. Zach promises "a moist pretzel with yo' name on it! (and don't forget the cup o' cheese)" when you return/we see you. I myself was a teensie bit offended I didn't get a shoutout once The Dunfords were mentioned, but hey, I got a killer shout out in Crotchel's last post, so I shall get over it. Mostly I'm really wishing I had a Costco 12 pack right now to eat in your honor. We must enjoy that as well when you return. P.S. How did I not know about this cake in Salt Lake?! Ugh I was just there I could have had it! Next time.
P.P.S. It KINDA sounds like you were talking about Lindsey when you said Curry "loves him some Cougar Tail." Just sayin'. (Inappropriate for the Orr blog??)