I have so many things that I want to post about BUT I think I should probably update on our life status as of late. Some people are confused as to where we are and what we're doing, some think that we're keeping secrets, some think that we're still living in Korea, some actually could care less or haven't thought about it...SO for all, I shall put your minds at ease. (Cause I know all you do is think about us and our lives....ok just Grandma Beth).
This last year has been a bit crazy.
After Spencer got back from Korea last August we said goodbye to Utah and said hello to Vegas.
We said hello to an upgraded apartment by like 500 million sq ft...aka my parents house. They are the best landlords in the world. Especially because for the first 5 months or so Morgan and Kaylee were there with us too. It was fun and convenient.
Spencer was working at my dad's office at this time, taking LSAT prep course, then taking the LSAT, applying for law school, then waiting to hear back from law schools, then deciding and waiting.
SOOO we worked hard and we played hard. THUS why everyone always said "oh my you travel a lot" or "oh my you guys are always gone". Well yes, we took every weekend we had to visit family and travel. We basically only ever went to Utah (family and free stay) and Anaheim (family and free stay) but apparently it appeared we were world travelers. We'll take it! Sure. But we soaked up every spare moment and weekend and tried to live as much in that year with the little strings attached we had at that time in our lives.
Spencer stopped work the last week of July which was when we left for Anaheim (that will be posted later as well) to stay with Zach and Jana for something like 12 days. We were there a Friday to a Tuesday. Spencer had Law School preview at USC that week from Mon-Sat so we doubled that as our summer trip together. Again - I'll post like 7,000 pics of that later....exciting...I know.
We left that trip and had about 3-4 days in Vegas to pack our whole life up (I mean whole life. I never moved out of my bedroom from when I was 18 so...that made for some entertainment. I can say I know how to fold orgami notes to pass again), and get any loose ends tied up before we moved for law school. I got my hair done, had interviews, dr. appointments, and didn't make much time to tell anyone where we were going or THAT we were going (even my brother text me, did you move?)

Lunch break in our empty bedroom
While watching the Oly's (miss em so much) and trying not to fall asleep


SO the reason some of you didn't know is because WE didn't know.
We packed up all of our stuff so it was ready to be put in a moving truck, and left it in the garage. !!!!!Becasue we didn't have anywhere to put it!!!!!
I put that in all caps because not 48 hours after staying with them and getting all their advice on where to live and deciding to live by them and be their best friends forever, I picked Spencer up and he told me that we were moving to San Diego.
Insert saddest face ever here.
Sorry Em.
I love you.
I was sad too.
But also, I was real excited.
FINALLY WE KNEW WHERE WE'D BE LIVING
Spencer's dad was on business in Tucson, so in the car we headed, 2 hours south to have a late night celebratory dinner with Reege -- AND a slumber party on our air mattress we brought along. The next morning we got some McD's, some words of advice, hugs, and went on our way.

(Mexico-easy access apparently. Also found out there's a Calexico in the US & Mexicali in Mexico - huh - original)



We spent the next few days trying to figure out school and life and living. I drove and drove and drove trying to figure out which area to live in. (Don't worry, they creatively and kindly label every area [this being just a few] of town with a cool sign. Nifty. I thought this was fun)



Lots of long hours looking at a computer screen, driving, thinking, change, brings migraines.
A coke zero in 75 degrees with a view helps.

I also introduced myself to this gorgeous place with a session and that was heavenly.
It was a nice break from the chaos for me. As least that always stays the same.
I needed some calm 'cause dees stress zits were getting outta hand!
Weekend came and I hotwired us a bunch more hotels. Look, I'm all about best price stuff and could care less about convenience at this point.
So if that means bouncing to 4 different beds in a matter of 7 days then
It's just I couldn't figure out where to live or find what we wanted and I wasn't going to settle.
Luckily we went up to Anaheim for Saturday and Sunday night where Zach and Jana let us be there roommate once again. And use there internet, and their minds and advice.
The moral to this bonkers adventure is you do what you have to do.
You get it done
So I can say we have an address now! It's real.
Well almost real. Like I'll be real excited for when we can go back to Vegas and actually move.
Like get all that stuff in our garage and stop living out of our little Balue Honda.
We've got a washer and dryer now. And a blow up bed and a microwave. So we're good.
And truth be told, it's been a wild ride : fun, crazy, spontaneous; and we're good just doing it all together. Really, that's how we do it. We're a pretty good duo. You learn a lot about yourself when your living out of a suitcase and you have no idea where the next 24 hours will take you.
#gypsylife
Shout out to SJO and good luck good sir.
That's all journal
(sorry for all those words, we'll keep it to pictures from now on)
LOVE
Rachel
p.s. My white pillow case is yellowing...uhhhh yeah we prolly need that washing machine reallll soon
p.p.s. Did I mention we kissed this grizzledness goodbye?

AND that I'm real excited to hit up Petco Park again.
6 comments:
so much suspense!!!!!!!! thank you for the update. you KNOW i was one of those peeps who texted you wondering where/what/who you were. SAN DIEGO!!! looks like we have an excuse to come visit now. LOVE IT! also, look at my blog post from SD just to pump you up a little bit more. it's the prettiest everrrr. and lots of thoes cute mexican girls who dress like they are int he 50's. i love it. chulas or something.
wahh! I'm still crying. I'm serious. Give me another month, and maybe I'll get used to the idea that you aren't my neighbor :( It was fun to have you while it lasted though. Loved the update (even though I know your life already <3) Can't wait to come visit you though!! Tell Spencer good luck and to study hard! Love you Rach.
woah, girl, that was a ton to read, but i did read, and what a crazy few months it's been for you guys! can't believe that! so did he get into law school at USC?
thank you for finally letting me know. i was worried about you. :)
Hi you two..so glad to hear all the news. Hope things are working
out for you both. Looking forward to this weekend and the skype of you working on the OFFL.
Lv & Hugs
G
Ah yay! We will be in San Diego next weekend! Mike is doing a triathalon. If you need any law school advice let us know. And LA isn't THAT far so we better see you.
Post a Comment