Adult.
This means that you are over 21 right? That you act like a grown up. That you are a responsible person. When I looked it up I like the dictionary definition better-
Adult: A person who is fully grown or developed.
I would say that physically Spencer and I are probably past any surprise growths or developments, BUT we can sneak around this term because we aint quite there at heart or maturity wise. At least I'm not. Regardless, at some point you have to release that your time as come and you are a grown-up and you have to have an ADULT birthday. Sounds boring huh. It basically is, but this year we tried to make the most of it the best we could. I know, get over it, grow up, it's just a birthday...BUT in my 5 year old brain, it's never really worked that way. This year we tried.
MAY 11, 2012
His parents got him that shiny bike he wanted in the store. That he whined for.
Kidding, but if you get a cruiser for your 26th birthday, it's fun to pretend it's a childish wish. Julie even made a print off and emailed it to me to put on the front of this surprise bike with a bow.
I was beside myself that I couldn't do something with Spencer. Work, lame. Also he was leaving town right after work to head up to SLC to spend the weekend with his family. They were doing "Walk for the Cure" with his survivor Aunt and I had a wedding that weekend and couldn't go. So My time frame with him on his birthday and his birthday weekend was REAL limited. SO I got off work a little early that day and met Spencer at home in time for his afternoon runs, asked him if I could ride around with him while he did them. I was stocked with all you need for a car birthday bash, most importantly: party hats, music and dance moves. Oh and LOTS of energy. Probably too much.
He finished real quick so we had time to stop for nice lunch. SJO loves Chipotle, so it was there that we had his mini b-day party. We left our party hats on (meaning only I did) & had presents and party bags.
Ooogles of goodies for my 5 year old (because I make him be one)
I wouldn't let him take off this button. He took it off right out when I left I think. Adult.
His card. Duh.
After he finished up at work and came home I took him to the airport, and I had a little birthday flight survival kit for him - candies and readings and such. Then he was on his way to his family who treated him to a SPOILED birthday weekend. Thank goodness.
JUNE 5, 2012
I think on this special day I even woke up a lil early to shower and get ready before work!
While I was being a boring adult at work. My Mr. stopped in as a runner/delivery boy with a giant bouquet of balloons, a baggie of goodies, and a homemade postcard. Cute of him right, yes, but really it was his momma. She just can' to anything mildly, especially birthdays...AND I LOVE IT. I was "so embarrassed" by those balloons (yeah right dream come true) and they came with fav red starburts and Coke Zero. Duh. BUT the best part was the homemade large postcard that she printed out and made for my card. I ADORE postcards. I collect them. I go places and send them to myself. I love vintage postcards. Love Love Love - so it was the cutest.
My cake from the office and of course it has the funnest cutest candles- why do I love childish details so much?
On adult birthday you still have to fulfill your work callings obviously AND your church callings.
I had to still put on young women's that night. Don't worry they sang to me and we did girls camp crafts while listening to MY iPod. Hair stuff for our secret ward. And I had to walk across the street to the church. Tough stuff.
I had to still put on young women's that night. Don't worry they sang to me and we did girls camp crafts while listening to MY iPod. Hair stuff for our secret ward. And I had to walk across the street to the church. Tough stuff.
We had adult a boring adult dinner at Cafe Rio, by choice, quietly outside. Peacefully.
All my birthday goodies that I displayed for myself. The giant birthday balloon was my favorite ever. EVER. I was probably the kid that saw a giant oversized balloon and started siezing, begging my parents for it. When I came home from work that evening there was a card on that empty table and a beautiful display of roses from my moms and pops. So fun to come home to and a dozen roses is SO adult. Made me feel like a special grown up.
And it all ended with cruise. With the essentials. #letsroll
Like a month later - birthday dinner at Brio with my parents and Z & J. Followed by a Charming Charlies shopping spree.
Yay for birthdays. You would think that you'd been having adult birthday for years when you're 24 and 26. NAH. But, I literally can't wait for next years, always something to look forward to, even if it is and adult birthday. I guess you could say I like the attention...















No comments:
Post a Comment