Friday, September 18, 2009

MY BIG 21!!!

My birthday was ages ago, but since I'm 21...it was a big deal :)
I woke up to Spence telling me that we had to go down to Provo because our storage unit had flooded (we were in SLC at the time). It was not ideal and the first thing I said was something like, "UGHH...gosh". I went upstairs to a delicious breakfast of fruit and my fav cereal from my mother-in-law and then I had to hurry and get dressed no time to get ready so we could solve the flood fiasco. I ranted on our drive about how stupid it was and blah blah blah. When we were driving through Orem I was confused and then, Spence turned into the Mainspring Day Spa parking lot. He tricked me...and I fell for it. Side note-Spence has a hard time ever surprising me, either because he ruins it or I do. So, this was a good one. I had gotten a gift certicficate from Christmas for a massage and facial and never gotten to use it. So he made me and it was a delightful morning.

I had picture of me in my robe with an excited face that I took in the mirror, but I can't find them...I'm sure you can imagine.

Then we drove back up to Salt Lake. I was confused that we didn't hang out or anything, but we had to go run an errand for his mom. We drove dowtown to a the Little America Hotel. I waited in the car while he ran to pick something up...Smooth move Spence, "you're mom needs something" yeah ok. Man I'm a fool...he came back with a room key for us. You see, we had always had this dream of staying at SLC's premiere hotel the Grand America
and this was as close as we could get

It was really cool though, like old and vintagey. The elevator reminded me of Hollywood Tower of TerrorIt had a cool chandelier too

We also have always wanted to go on a vacation where we had no plans and did whatever. Pool, walk down town, you know. oh I rode Trax for the first time...cool. We went to the Gateway and ate and played. There's a Planatarium I've always wanted to go to...so we did...
DreamingI got the whole world in my hands
Me on the Moon

Spence on Mars

They had a Weather Man Station...Spence was a pro


We got room service...we were so excited for this


Another surprise...FIREWORKS...outside our window (awesome view). Compliments of the Salte Lake Bees. Spence has connections I guess :)

Props to Spencer for a thrilling surprise of a birthday. I'm still enjoying it 3 months later!

4 comments:

Tanner and Stephanie said...

He is a sweetie!!! And your hair is freaking hot! I love it!

aubrey said...

happy late birthday! im glad we're blog friends so now i can be up to date on your happy life!
xo.

sadie said...

he is a good boy. spa idea= perfection! happy late birthday baby.

Cason and Marie said...

WHAT!!??? First off...how did I miss this post? and second...How did I miss your birthday?? I'm sorry. But without looking at facebook, I bet you don't know when my birthday is. So, we're even. :)

Anyway, happy birthday Rach!! Looks like you had a fun one!! Big 21!!