Friday, April 17, 2009

The OTHER Love of My Life

Ok, I need to get something off my chest. A preface for my next post:

I have a deep deep love for the Utah Jazz. I have been a fan since my grandpa gave me a stuffed Jazz Bear in elementary school. My LOVE grew extremely strong when I moved to Utah my freshman year of college. I can hardly describe what has grown to be an obsession. My Uncle Kyle, the man, hooks me and my bros up with his season Jazz tickets every so often. These aren't no upper bowls, they're like Hey-team-I-can-taste-your-sweat kind of seats. Right in the action. So, when I go, how can I help but think that the players are focusing on me and can hear my every word? They can, don't try to persuade me otherwise. When my bro Zach lived here (he's hard core at it's finest) we would casually wait outside when the players happened to drive out and they would happen to stop and give us their autograph. I would flaunt my stuff, hoping the hunky boys would ask me to escort them around town for the night. It almost worked when I'd say stuff like, "Hey man, sweet bling" or "OoO boy, you look sharp." You know, the norm. One time, I confessed my love to Ronnie Brewer (my man and favorite) on the court and he laughed and blushed and everyone around me was like, "OH MY GOSH HE SO HEARD YOU!" No big deal to me since I'm obviously wicked tight with him. So then when we saw him after the game at his car I said, "Ronnie, I know you heard me tonight" to which he replied, "Yeeeaahh gURL, ha!" HE IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH ME! So, I have like a million of their autographs, pictures with them, and they obviously know who I am. The players---I LOVE THEM. D-Will, Memo, AK, Milsap, CJ, Korver, Harpring, Ronnie B., Ronnie P., even Collins, Fes, Almond,Koufus (Boozer, is not so much right now)....THEY ARE MY LIGHT! Favorite part, no Lebron's to steal the spotlight, they all share it are chill about it-no fancy dancing and commercials...way chill. SIGH. Players=#1

#2=Jerry Sloan. He has been the coach for 20 years and was just inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame...he's an all star. What's not to love there.

#3=Larry H. Miller, R.I.P. He passed away this February. He was still pretty young, but got sick and went fast. Sad. Well, he basically owned Utah and makes it what it is. He loved Utah. That's what he wanted to be known for. He sure is. Spence and I were able to make it to the game where they did a tribute to him. It was amazing. Everyone loved him. Seriously, tears and chills. They had a spotlight on his empty seat. Powerful. That's what he was and that's what he deserves. <3

#4=The Bear. The Jazz Bear is a crazy beast. He does it all and I get freakin' stoked whenever I see his face. He does all the best stunts-boogeyboards/bikes downs stairs, jumps up and down on a giant ladder, takes peoples babies and hands them to the refs. Awesome stuff, right?!

#5=The arena. The Energy Solutions arena is konwn as the loudest arena in the NBA. Jazz fans are claimed as the best fans in the NBA. These are ESPN facts here. Players say that it is their least favorite arena to play in. I AM APART OF THAT! I make that happen. Me and my megaphone! Me and my dancing! It is the place to be.

#6=The staff. They are always the same. Always the ultimate cheerful, cutie old people that know everyone and love the Jazz. Just seeing them lights up your day.

#7=The Nuskin Jazz Dancers. They keep it somewhat tasteful...Utah style. Holla.

#8=They are my team. Anyone can bag on me, but no matter what, I LOVE THE JAZZ. They are one thing that I'm truly passionate about. Sometimes I'm too invested, but it's good for you to love something bigger than you! It's awesome. It brings me all too many emotions-sometimes I'm running around happy and sometimes I'm punching walls, but it brings diversity to my life. It gives me something to do. I mean, I married a Jazz fan, that was on my list! It's a big deal, really. Let the world know that

I LOVE THE UTAH JAZZ!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachi. i love this, and you. substitute the jazz for the rebs and you've got me! Seriously.
I'm so glad someone understands.

Heather and Taylor said...

I love you! This post made my day! :) I just smiled the whole time as I read it. xoxo