Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spencer's Graduation Trip-April 2012 PART 1


Spencer's been out of school for like 4 years now...ok so since Spring 2011, but he walked (per his grandmother's, mother's, and wives wishes) at graduation in April of this year. The weekend was packed with various adventures, memory lane rides, and family fun. And when I say packed I mean... probably NARROWED to 200 pictures shown below: 


1am or something pit stop in somewhere Utah

Below starts the beginning of our BYU marathon. Mind you, SJO (Mr. Orr) was pretty anti grad bash. He's just satisfied having a diploma, as most people are, but this needed to be done for a few other's sake (as mentioned). So every picture that was taken, every activity that was done (maybe except all that included food), he was humoring me. I made Provo live up to any corny expectations with all my pic snapping. 
We started Thursday in Provo at J Dawgs. The magnet that keeps SJO around and fills him while I pester him with memories. 

Spencer did not want to go to BYU's commencement, who does, but I wanted to go/wanted him to. I mean we were there, Elder Oaks was speaking and whether someone hates commencement or doesn't, thinks it's unimportant or important, whatever, how would one know if you didn't go? So with him not wanting to walk in and be bored alone and me not wanting to sit alone I dusted off my blue gear from somewhere and we walked together. It was humorous and funny and memorable. We sure can keep ourselves entertained in any situation and love it. So we did. Pretty sure he decided he didn't care in the end, but at least now he knows :)
Well kind of....
We celebrated at Sakura for all you can eat Sushi with Nate and Kimbo slice that evening 
(That's #2 for our food visits on the list of Utah "musts". We'll start counting now)
Friday EARLY morning (8am) was his college's commencement. Spencer was in the Kennedy School of International Studies. Coincidentally it was in our old stomping grounds of campus. 

In order to get to his graduation Spencer had to walk the same walk to campus that we dragged ourselves up: eyes closed, hat on head, grumbling, questioning our reasoning; everyday for 3 years together. Ironic? No. Necessary? Yeah. And pretty sweet. Good and bad, happy and sad. Again, my corny andecdotes and memories shared every step up those freaking fracken lame frickin' dumb lame stairs/hill. All smiles this time.
Spencer's thumb down in front of the testing center. "You want me to thumbs down for a pic in front of this building? Oh I won't even complain about that one. Gladly."
Sittin' right by this Mr.
When you graduate in the college emphasizing, studying and emphasizing studying other cultures and the world, you have a fancy fantastic 5-10 minute mariachi band performance (complete with yelps and clapping) and a risque-for-BYU latin dance number that ways saucily awesome. Seriously such a change up and so refreshing. Made it so much fun and so less boring. 
(My latin dance number picture---eh)

"Spencer James Orr graduating with a Bachelors degree in Asian Studies and a double minor in Korean and Business"
Proud cutie...making faces at my photo flashing
Proud mama bear
Mother and Father Orr

Uncle Kyle. Words don't describe the man who entertained and hook us up all through our Provo years: Jazz games, plays, fancy dinners. Seriously, thank you Kyle.
Nate, hold all our bags
again...my doing...sorry Speene
Aunt Vickie and Grandma Beth
Fist pump for freedom
Little Sis
Little bro
He really wants that diploma. It's fine Nate, only like 12 more years. 
Yep, I'm that girl. "We need pics of us in our gowns together!" YUP
And I make us kiss. (But really I love this one)
GOSH I am the worst
This is our more natural reactions...the more us celebration
What? You don't always take a back to back at every event?
Orr Sibling love
Orr girls
Basically sums it all up...
The path that was under construction our 3 years at Provo together south of campus. Of course it's finished now....and it's gorgeous. We finally got to enjoy it. 
Nate and Kimi's cute place
Bestowing the "Stole of Gratitude" to Aunt V who started Spencer's college fund and sacrificed so he could have a start at school. 
And the after grad food choice - Diego's (#3). Classy. For ol' times... Love you Mr. Diego. Thank you for your fattiness.
70 pictures later and you think I'd be done with this all by now. NAH...I'll leave you on a cliff hanger. 1/2 way there. 
(Pathetic - It's for journaling sake - you don't have to justify - well maybe - ok fine) 






2 comments:

Kadee said...

Now I feel like I don't know Provo anymore. South campus walkway? J-dawgs has an inside now? What the heck is Diego's?

Anyway, no apology needed for pictures. They look like ones that you'll be glad to have in like ten years!

Anonymous said...

You are such a babe!