Thursday, September 1, 2011

Here- Salt Lake City 11:34pm

Alright, our "Here and There" segment will be over just as soon as I muster up the time and energy to blog about the rest of our most awesome vacation across the sea to our favorite asian land, Korea. We'll get to that at some point. 

For now...We have bigger things to discuss.
I've mentioned once or twice in my life to almost everyone I've ever met the name 
KIMI ROONEY. 
"Do you know my friend Kimi?" "Oh, well my friend Kimi" "This girl Kimi...you'd love her"
And most of you are darn well lucky enough to know her and love her yourself.
BUT none of you, unfortunately, are DARN WELL lucky enough to call her, or someone you have called your best friend for 5 years (but what seems like your whole life basically)...
lucky enough to call her:
YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW.

Yeah, like it's not a big deal or anything...happens all the time...I'm not that excited...It's not weird or crazy at all...I haven't crossed my fingers for three years or anything...It's not like I've done spells or something a few times a day...I've never like, dreamed of it....It's not like I even want it to happen...I'm not like in LOVE with the idea of it or something...
BUT YEAH--It's reality
I don't mean to sound snobby about it,
but my excitement in this situation decides to come off that way. 
I've already had 2 sisters and 1 one friend use the hate word towards me on the topic.
 Hate me if you'd like. Or relish in the glory of it with me. 

Miss Kimi Michelle Rooney will in fact on December 17, 2011 become 
Mrs. Kimi Michelle Orr

Same last name? Yeah that's right. Best friends just do that sort of thing I guess.
We always knew we were something bigger than just friends. 

Upon taking that last name she will be sealed to my darling brother-in-law Nathan Orr who will greet her for eternity with a matching dimpled smile. 
Can you even imagine?
I hardly can.
HARDLY

Kimi Orr and Rachel Orr
Sister Orr
Sisters
Sure 
Why not...I'll take it
Another girl in the Orr family?
Yes please.
Yeah, I said family-weird


CONGRATULATIONS NATE AND KIMI!
I am so happy for you both and love that I know you are both so perfect for each other. 
You're such good people and so wonderful and I love that I love you both so much individually and can now OFFICIALLY love you as a pair

Oh and congrats to me to I guess...I'd say I won this round

(And a little side note...these two love birds oddly found themselves all own their own. They had their own secret love that I just wished would blossom. They're their own matchmakers. Creepy huh...I know)

6 comments:

Jillian Clara said...

I have been waiting for this much expected post from you. I am so happy that Kimi gets to be your sister-in-law:)

RACHAEL said...

this is the GREATEST!!! congrats rachy :)

Al and Ash said...

WHOA! I'm loving this! Yay for Kimi...That is awesome. She is great and this Nathan kid, well, he must be alright if he's related to Spence. Congrats to the bride and to, um, you I guess:)
BTW, still incredibly bitter about you dogging us at SeaTac! 1 less Cinnebon in me tummy.

Brittany Seager said...

thats really cool. congrats to kimi! give her my congrats, when my mom told me i didnt believe her so i had to come peek at your blog ;). xo best friends+sister in laws. thats awesome.

EmylovePaul said...

ugh I'm so jealous!

Allie said...

Oh my goodness this is awesome!!!! You guys are so freaking lucky! So happy for you and Kimi!