Thursday, November 19, 2009

POLICE BEAT

Tonight Kimi, Spencer and I went to the library.
Spencer wrote papers.
Kim and I literally ran through the shelves of books giggling.
Children we are.
We laid on the ground and looked at photo books of Audrey Heburn.
A random kid brought in 52 In-N-Out burgers to our floor and handed them out.
I heard the clapping.
I didn't get one.
I RAN away.
We found funny books.
We took them to Spencer one at a time and walked away.
He smirked.
Then the music started.
We danced.
People looked.
We danced more.
Spencer printed papers.
We watched.
We tried walking out.
THEY stopped us.
THEY is security.
THEY are students too.
THEY went on a power trip.
THEY took my ID.
THEY took Kimi's information.
THEY took Spencer's license.
THEY made us wait.
THEY stared at us.
THEY pressed buttons.
THEY stared.
I did a handstand.
I did a cart wheel.
I made smart fun remarks.
THEY didn't laugh.
Spencer started wandering.
THEY followed him.
THEY escorted us out.
THEY escorted the 5 awful students from the library for being in there past midnight.
THEY wrote us citations for studying too long.
I can never win.
I try and they CITE me.
THEY were on a power trip.
THEY were tools.
WE were cool.
THEY opened the door for us.
The others walked out.
I held back one sec.
THEN
I RANNNN out YELLING.

The perfect night.

1 comment:

walkintheclark said...

its just soo.... you. idk. your my hero. love you.