Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Sunday Spill

I love today
I think this is the first Sunday that I've felt at ease, in order, and in the right place for a long while.
That place is at home, in San Diego, with the Mr.
Sunday's are my favorite, but for the last 2 months they have just been scattered. 
We've been here, there and everywhere. One ward and the other. Together and apart.
Today we are in our home, in our ward, together. 
It's the first time in a long time I've felt settled.
The last year was spent in my parents home which was home to me, but not "our" home.
We had been on our own for 3 years, so it was different. 
Loved it but different.
Today, was perfect.

So I shall bring back The Sunday Spill:
-This morning we slept in and eased into the day.
-I made us Sunday brunch while we both dolled ourselves us into our Sunday best.
-Spence was dashing as my arm candy today. Mostly because I HAD arm candy again for once.
-Church was fantastic. I love the days you're prepared and open and ready. I wish that was all the time, but honestly we know we're not always quite there. I liked being there today.
-I made a challenge with Spencer today that we had to introduce ourselves to at least one young couple in the ward. We're new still and are bad at putting ourselves out there. I had to trick him into a bit, but he promised he'd do it with me. I think since our hearts were in the right place we got hooked up because 3 families introduced themselves to us before the end of the block and the missionaries, who we found some Salt Lake connections with! It was really nice. It's our first time being really really on our own without knowing anyone around, because Provo, Utah is a place of it's own and Las Vegas is home...so it's hard for us to try to get out there, but we're happy to have had some help today and I left full of awesomeness.
-It was creative mexican/quesadilla night for dinner and SJO mentioned, "I think this might be one of the best meals we've ever had." I will take that! Success. Thank you easy, delicious meal.
-I missed the Relief Society broadcast  yesterday, due to my parents being in town, so Spencer set it up for me today with my cozy blanket and watched with me while he did the dishes. (He's a pretty good nurse too BTW). I don't know what it was about this years broadcast, but I was so into it. I always watch and listen, but I don't always hear. I heard every word of this beautiful new RS presidency and song and connected to every bit. It made me feel so full. I am so glad to be able to give the broadcast the dues it deserves and am grateful for what it left me. Anyone else love it more than ever?
-We got to talk with dear Grandma Beth today. We miss being around all the family so much, especially since we're even further away from the Utah clan than ever. And especially when difficult things are happening to people you love the most. Grandma, good luck this week. You are beautiful with the new dome doo and we send our loves, hugs, kisses, fist bumps and chest bumps to you everyday for your strength. 
-We ended the evening settling down to Mary Poppins while I put up our Halloween goodies/Iced my Buddy/Organized our week and SJO makes his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Yup, I love today.



1 comment:

G said...

G says "Thank You for the sweet comments about the health..so far so good and I truly am good good good. We miss you very much and love hearing and reading all about your life together. You are such as perfect couple and so glad that you found one another. Lv and hugs.