Monday, October 10, 2011

Korea-Day 5

Temple in Seoul, Korea

 Such a different experience. The waiting room was like a hang out space, little kids hanging around everywhere. I figured out it's because it's the ONLY temple in their entire country and people travel to stay there for the day. Going into the session I felt so excited. I was the only American and I had a little headset and didn't know what anything was saying. But they all smile so much at me I don't even care. The beauty of it all is that it is the same no matter what country I'm in. And what I feel, is the same, no matter where I am. It was beautiful to be there, where Spencer once was when he served the Lord. Such a happy experience. Cutie miniature temple, you can't really tell that though. Lovely morning. 
 When Spencer was a missionary, he said they often went to the Krispy Kreme up the street after. We followed the tradition and I lucked out...finding a HELLO KITTY DOUGHNUT! Yup. Amazing. Delicious. 

We went to this downtown area that was very hipster/college town. Loved it. There was a fashion show on the sidewalk, seriously. We moseyed past a vintage book store. YES PLEASE! I found some cuties to take home to the new sis-in-law to be. 
 Garfield was chillin' at the fashion show. 
 Spencer and I always talked about this place called a Nolboo. He had a shirt that he wore with this funny guy on it and I always called him that name cause it was on it and funny. Do you think I ever knew it was a restaurant and that one day we would got there together and eat there!? No. Awesome. 
At every restaurant you eat at this is how the water is served. Fresh and not tap. In da little silver cups.

 I added ramen to our order (as always in my life) and it was a very wise decisions. 
 Before- giant pot of lovely food. 
 Demolished. 
Drop for drop.
 After the downtown stroll we ventured back to that little shopping market in Itewon to double 
check if there was anything else I might possibly need :) AND to pick up Spencer's suit. So quality. Stud. 

I had seen online some SUPER cool fountain show that was close by and shot off the Banpo Bridge. We got off the bus stop at this cute park area right on the river front. So many people just soaking up the cuteness and perfect weather. 

It was a gorgeous view of the city and bridge. BUT of course, as my luck always has, it was not working that night. SO, instead we kicked our feet up, got a coke, and enjoyed the evening view together. 
When we left we saw all these buildings on the water and various things going on. The park was hoppin'. There was a movie theatre on the water! It was so adorable. A view of the river and city while we sat in this little amphitheater and listened to symphonies play on the big screen. It was kind of like August Rush, Music in the Park. <3 Great ending to the sweet day. 




5 comments:

RACHAEL said...

that was all in one day?! oh my goodness! it's so divine! you are so precious. i love your story about the temple. i bet that was just the most special experience. and spencer is kind of starting to look asian!! that happens you know.

I LOVE YOu!!!!!!!!

EmylovePaul said...

love all this! the temple sounds wonderful. love you!

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

Both of my brother's served their missions in Korea. My family went to pick up my oldest brother and we stayed in the Korean temple... in the basement there are dorms for women and men. It was really neat. The Korean temple is the same layout as the Dallas temple where I'm from, so that's cool. It's a great place to visit. I'm glad you had a fun experience!

Gma O said...

Love the blog...so proud of you both for doing all the traveling to and fro...hope the people were friendly and helpful if you got lost.How great to feel the experiences as Spence saw them probably some in a very different light with you along with him. Proud of you both and wish you all the good things in life.
Gma O

Jillian Clara said...

i heart your dress. can i have it.. thanks bye